Friday, January 21, 2011

Work.


I was dreading yesterday as Thursday's are the worst - what with a seven fifteen start - cooking bread of all things. Then Pre-Prep until four, cooking class with six year olds until five, wash up until seven and activity until eight. 
However; just as I was about to change into my wash up clothes, there was a black out. I slowly manoeuvred my way back to my flat (which is outside the main school doors) and got changed. Without realising, I shut the door behind me forgetting the doors are locked by electronic magnetic latches.  So; I ran a marathon to get to the main entrance where I ended up in the dining hall buttering bread for almost an hour before sitting in a linen cupboard with J. Brink and D. Kidd as that was where the only landline phone was. 


The days are finally beginning to get longer. The sun didn't begin to set until five. It was one of the most spectacular sunsets I have ever seen. Or maybe it was just so because it felt amazing to see the sun again..