Sunday, May 22, 2011

Another year.


Sitting on my bedroom floor thinking about what has passed.
It’s nearing on nine thirty at night and yet the skies are still soft blue with wishful smears of pink.
Tomorrow I turn nineteen years old. It will be my first birthday away from my mum, from my dad, my family and home. I feel like I am learning so much this year and growing up in more ways than one; but at times like this there is nothing I want more than to be at my loved ones arms, moving with the rise and fall of their chests.  I am loving every minute of my new way of life; home will always hold my heart though.

I have, at this time of my life, everything I could ever wish for and more. I have had bad and regretful moments but in all honestly, my family, my mum and dad are the most amazing people. I could travel the entire world seven times over and not find one woman who comes close to the love, compassion and kindness that my Mum holds, and that shows me.  Right now; all I want is to be curled with her on the lounge with a tea in hand.