Today, a four year old girl, Eleana, explained how her father works away from home and that she only ever see's him every other Sunday. To see her innocence and naivety concerning the matter really made me think. After a minute or so she looked up and said in the most angelic of tones "It's not fair".
In that moment I realised how unfair it is that I myself, in the past two years, only saw my father on the odd occasion, and that I took that time for granted. But also of how unfair it is to him.
At 12PM on Saturday 12th of February my travels will begin, finally doing what I came here to do. Hello Ireland.
As a gift to J. Hockmann for performing at this evenings concert, these daffodils, or narcissus as they are called here, are bringing a little life into my flat. Their smell, or that of flowers in general, reminds me of home and of my mother's garden.










